Home Site:
Male Initiation and the Phimosis Taboos

The Origins of a Taboo

ARCindex

disclaimer

ARC Forum3 index

Re: Natural Circumcision

Written by Robin at 20 Apr 2006 20:49:20:

As an answer to: Natural Circumcision written by Laurie at 18 Apr 2006 04:24:29:

Hi Laurie,

There is info about this online but probably not much. I guess you come from America where the medical profession were very impresed by God performing their usual everyday work.

I will tell you what I know.

The Jews consider natural born circumcised to be a gift from God, a very special blessing.

Now, there was a Dr. Schoeberlein who reported the statistics on phimosis and foreskin and natural circumcisions. He measured 3,000 young men, so this is a statistical study of some relevance. He claimed that around 4% of all boys are born naturally circumcised. It seems an incredibly high figure, however to my knowledge this is the only scientifically obtained statistic on the subject. Schoeberlein studied in South Germany ... however I doubt the genetic code there is very different to the American.

The other info on this are only guesses, some people say its just very rare, others say 1% - I know all the statistics on foreskins I made a special study on this and Schoeberlein is the only scientific source, ...

I asked around 300 men and none of them reported natural circumcision ... so I am so sorry to have complicated such a nice simple question --- and I believe the bottom line is I havent a clue :-)

Take your choice either 4% or I havent a clue.

if you want then see www.male-initiation.net/library/medicus/schoeberlein.html

cheers

Robin

>How uncommon are natural circumcisions? My son was born with one 14 years ago but of course the net was not around then so research was difficult. I just know the doctor said they were rare and that all the other doctors and nurses from around the hospital came to peak into his diaper. But I can't seem to find anything on it on the internet. Any ideas?

Answers: