Male Initiation and the Phimosis Taboos

The Origins of a Taboo

ARCindex

disclaimer

ARC Forum3 index

Frenulum Breve - Phimosis feedback

Written by Hugh at 11 May 2006 18:58:47:

Dear Dr Robin Srtuart

I am 25 and I have recently used your website to self diagnose myself with "Frenulum Breve / Phimosis".

My late diagnosis is in line with your observations as to why it takes some men so long to realize that there is a problem. Specifically my conditions are as follows:

When flaccid the foreskin can be pulled back although because the "ring is smaller than the gland, pulling back is tight and a 'bottleneck' like maneuver. Pulling back is a recent discovery for me.

When pulled back the Frenulum is tight but bearable. All of the foreskin can be rolled over (inside exposed) exposing all of the gland.

The frenulum (zip like join) appears to be higher on the gland (closer to the penile) than normal. So when flaccid the natural tendency is for the skin to pull forward unless it is forced right over the gland.

You make specific mention of a "monotonous clinical appearance" of a thin strip of tight tissue which is embedded in the inner foreskin). There does not appear to be any white tissue forming a ring, the tightness seems to be caused from the ring itself being too small in circumference to start with.

When the penis becomes erect the foreskin remains forward covering 97% of the glands. When erect it is not possible to pull the foreskin back over the gland. An attempt only exposes 85% of the glands.

If the foreskin is pulled back when flaccid and the penis begins to become erect the ring becomes very tight making an unusual hour glass shape. There is painful tension on the frenulum that feels like it could tear.

I have made contact with a Urologist: here in Auckland New Zealand. I have found your treatment recommendations valuable. I hope that I can further contribute to your research. For my benefit, based off the above, what treatment do you recommend.

I am specifically interested in stretching treatment because the condition has been a late discovery. Perhaps years of no pull back could be corrected with proper stretching treatment? Or does it appear that my self diagnosis was correct and I do have Frenulum Breve / Phimosis.

Any contact for a second opinion or other surgeon recommendations would be most appreciated. Further contact may also be useful for the website.

Kind regards.

Hugh.

Answers: