Male Initiation and the Phimosis Taboos

The Origins of a Taboo

ARCindex

disclaimer

ARC Forum3 index

Sex Problems

Written by Ralph at 12 Jun 2006 19:38:25:

Hello all.

I have to say I am very sorry I didn't find this site years ago.

I am 31 years old. When I was 21 I had my first sexual experience and it was a disaster. The girl bared the head of my penis showing the glans and it was very painful to me. I couldn't finish intercourse. I didn't know what was wrong with me and I had so much fear of impotence that somehow I avoided sex at all during all these years. I had doubts about my sexuality, supressed my lust... It was really traumatic.

Finally I got a new girlfriend with whom I feel so intimate I can talk about everything. Again sex was a disaster, I feel pain, I lose my erection as soon as I uncover the glans and try to penetrate. Putting a condom on only made things worse. But she was more supportive and we have been looking into my problem.

Now, I have always masturbated with the foreskin covering the glans. I can pull it back, no problem (slightly tight when erected but it goes back) but then the glans is so oversensitive and I definitely realized that I have the frenulum breve condition. Never anyone talked with me about this and I used to never pull the foresking back, not for urinating or washing or anything. Since I found this site I've been doing it frequently and even trying to walk with the bared glans under my pants but the pain is just unbearable.

I then talked with the urologist and he is going to cut the frenulum. He wanted to do a full circumcision too but said it was optional and I'd rather keep the foreskin as it can go back.

All right, so my main concern is:

After my frenulum is cut, will I be able to "perform" normally? How can I make the oversensitivity of the glans go away? What about size, I am rather small sized (making penetration almost impossible if I am not very hard), is cutting the frenulum going to affect that in any (good) way?

Thanks a lot.

Answers: