Home Site:
Male Initiation and the Phimosis Taboos

The Origins of a Taboo

ARCindex

disclaimer

ARC Forum3 index

diagnosis and actions to take.

Written by 17 year old at 16 Jun 2006 16:52:21:

I just realised last night that something is wrong with my penis after reading an article on wikipedia. I read through almost all the articles on your website and 2 other articles from other personals that recommended frenuloplasty. It has bothered me for the past 24 hours. I told my parents about it, but they seem to take it lightly, i assume they do not understand entirely as they seem to be uncertain as well.

Anyway, they advised me to gradually pull down my foreskin and stretch it frequently for the next 1-2 months and wait before going to the doctor. However, though unsure, i believe the phimosis was caused by frenulum breve.

I followed your self-diagnosis article and tested it as instructed. When flaccid, I realised my foreskin can only partially retract(before, i thought it was impossible to even retract) i fear to go further, as i felt a tension on my frenulum and also the possibility of paraphimosis. I do not notice a downward bend on the glans, but i can feel the tension on the frenulum. When erect, my foreskin covers the glans and can barely retract. Though, it had a few times by accident retracted partially, but there is a tight feeling(unsure if its caused by the ring, or the tension on the frenulum.)
Also, is the foreskin meant to retract freely? When flaccid, mine retracts partially(about halfway on the glans), foreskin squeezes a little around the glans, or is this contributed by the frenulum?

So what is it? I need your confirmation.

As i have a week long of examinations the week after next, is this a problem i should worry about for now? treatment immediately?

I also need your advice on possible actions to take if my frenulum is too short(in the worst case scenario).

Is it urgent to seek treatment immediately? frenuloplasty?

Can i have details on creams(corticosteroid something.) to treat a short frenulum? effectiveness? Or is there a cream at all for frenulum breve. Also on the tying the frenulum, what happens after the frenulum is cut? how does it help to retract the foreskin and the frenulum to become longer? i don't get it.

for now, just stretch?

Answers: