Home Site:
Male Initiation and the Phimosis Taboos

The Origins of a Taboo

ARCindex

disclaimer

ARC Forum3 index

Re: My Sons Skin Bridge

Written by Robin at 13 Jul 2006 19:40:56:

As an answer to: Re: My Sons Skin Bridge written by Melissa at 08 Jul 2006 03:12:39:

Hi Melissa,

Id like to say first that this is in no way your fault, it is simply that the doctors make no post operation check up. (Some would say you shouldnt have had your infant circumcised in the first place, but I realise this is the accepted medical practice in the USA - I presume you are from the USA) and I am repeatedly amazed by doctors (your pedi) who said merely "give him time" as though it would vanish over the course of a few years.

It seems incredible that you have to wait 2 months for a consultation ... the "operation" to treat a skin bridge lasts about 2 minutes. The white band needs to be cut through it is incredibly simple to do, it is white skin without any blood running through it, it is dead skin.

Until that happens, your son wont suffer as long as you dont try and stretch the foreskin back,

more to the subject on www.male-initiation.net/skinbridges.html

I am just continually amazed at the cleverness of doctors when saving lives and their sheer stupidity and neglect with circumcision related subjects

cheers

Robin

>I was just informed today that my son (almost 2 1/2) has a skin bridge. First the nurse thought it was smegma when we spoke with her over the phone so we watched it for a few days trying to be sure to pull the foreskin far back during bath time, etc, but it only irritated it more and made my son very angry!
>Now after bringing him into the doctor to look at it, I feel so bad learning that it is a skin bridge. I have never heard of this before. He was circumcised and I have not noticed anything prior. We are really good about his hygiene and always have been. I have always thought he had a lot of extra foreskin though. The pedi said, give him time, he will probably grow into it. Anyway, I just wanted to know how the procedure went for you, Leslie, or anyone else that may have had a child with this procedure done? It looked like there was something white stuck under his foreskin on one small section of his penis. It also has a little pin hole look at one part of it. What did your son's look like? I feel so bad for my little guy and I just hope that it is not hurting him. My appt with the urologist isn't for 2 months and that is just the consultation. I just want to make sure he is ok in the meantime. Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks!

Answers: