Home Site:
Male Initiation and the Phimosis Taboos

The Origins of a Taboo

ARCindex

disclaimer

ARC Forum3 index

Re: Phimosis Education

Written by JB at 01 Aug 2006 23:40:02:

As an answer to: Re: Phimosis Education written by Robin at 06 Jul 2006 19:09:26:

>Hello Tim, Robin wrote:
>Thank you. I loved getting this letter. It was this sort of flabberghasted anger which originally motivated me to start this project.
>I am trying to set up an organisation, so that a group of men with our feelings can gather. Its not me - its ARC who needs support! – I just happen to be the only active ARC member!

>>>>>>> JB

I will go along with what you say Yes there needs to be more mention of all this info that kept a deep dark secret. Cut (circumcised guys) dont know and well i always said "YOU CANT ASK FOR SOMETHING IF YOU DONT KNOW ITS THERE" I Kinda fell into this site all by accident . I learned a lot by reading the conditions guys with phimosed penises have . I was Cut at birth and did not know anything about it until i was almost a teen my self.

<<<<<<< Robin

>ARC should control the entire project, the site, communication systems, and progress towards goal of monitoring/educating boys before puberty.
>With your anger-energy, people like you should be in control of ARC ... at least temporarily. Will your anger last? Or will you burn out soon? Whatever, for a period of time – let me ask you what do we need to do to acheive our goal?

#1 What does your anger-energy want to see done? And how?
#2 Whats your opinion on lots of things:
#3 Routine circ? Full circ? Is full circ ever necessary? The anti pro circ debate? The other phimosis foreskin info online?

>>>>>>>>JB

Oh boy what a loaded question #1 what my anger want to to see happen /done . Teach Parents to leave children intact for one and the proper care of an intact penis for another.. thru programs like the one here and also like the programs that Marylin Malos has with NOCIRC Attend the sysposiums like the one that taking place in Washing state this past week. also work with guys like Jim bigelow the author of "THE JOY OF UNCIRCUMSING" and Wayne R Griffith NOHARMM group who help men thru education regain what was taken away from them and PROPER CARE as well .

#2 Whats my opinon about Circumcision or intact penises . I feel we should follow the example of the UK United Kindom and the countries like Norway and Sweden and Finland and the RUSSIA were they were all uncut they have the knowledge there doctors on how to take care of problems if any . Canada is following along the lines with the UK and the folks down under in the big island as well . Its said that 80% of the world s population is uncut its the radical middle east countries and the US who cut all there Children now a study should be done that proves that circumcision in babies caused violance as they get older in childhood and adult hood and thats why we see the fighting that we do but there been no real study showing a connection to childhood Circs and behavor and fighting Violance ....

#3 Routine Circs you ask my answer is NO follow the UK example No circs. and Full circ ? that answer is also no only limited circs if that! and is circ needed i say only in rare conditions but weigh all the options first is it life saving at all ? The And the anti/pro circ debate, i see it as Your choice only and you cannot force anyone else into doing it with out giving ALL the info pro and con. short term and long term results as well and thats EDUCATION . Our job here !

<<<<<<<< Robin

>Lets get on the point – the goal : educating a medical world.
>The simplest most direct and efficient method of tackling the problem at the roots is by publishing papers in the medical journals. (this is my opinion, other ideas would be appreciated). Id love to write such papers.
>I believe I have done all the background research, I believe the info. on my site is only 50% well presented and easily accessible, Id like to spend more time on this. But communications and handling email takes a lot of time as well.

>>>>>>>>JB

E mails does take a lot of time and its almost a full time job as well . and if your not getting paid to do that job its hard to pay bills as well. Your comment on papers is great But our target audiance dosent get to read the medical journals. i have tried an many a hospital to get into there technical librarys and the general public is not allowed its like you dont have a need to know only our doctors do and when do they have the time to read every paper that comes along?? the medical systemhere where i live is in such bad shape and no help is in site . dont walk into an ER for help it will take about 24 hours waiting to be helped in the bigger cities and i the smaller towns God help you first as its a 48 hour hold or Wait. I see sites like this one where parents can get info also the birthing sites or mothers magazines and Home birthing groups there the ones who need to know the truth no so much on circumcising the child but info on care of an intact penis and how to later in life as well. Again hospitals are good dont get me wrong but the target audiance is not the doctors but the parents the new students who are becoming nurses and doctors who need to know make that where Universities know especially in there books and lesson plans the proper care. web sites also that cater to a population that well is not maybe on everyone list of the top 10 but the gay sites as well because there using it and deal with it All the time the proper care of the ADULT Penis or at least let them know its there . web sites groups associations . I will, us e an example there was three Nurses at ST VINCENT Hospital in New mexico who refused to help prep babies for circumcision because the trama they experienced due to circumcisions . Do most parents know of that trama I venture to say NOT. and so if out of site out of mind and so why not its only what 300$ or 3,000 $ and its cleaner I dont have to bother ith it later so mom says . But its not her problem she dosent know or see or feel the results its not her body thats cut whom acres what we do to others and in such a sensitive area as well thats your problem as mom see it . well the nurses had a book written called "THE NURSES OF ST VINCENT HOSPITAL" and NOCIRC and Marylin Who by the way also went thru the sam rejection at the hospital she worked at. These are the folks who we need to contact and network with they get out and do the ground pounding at least thru the NO Circ network in cities through the US and Europe as well . they have a large network with news letters and publications and guys like Tim Hammond and Jim bigelow and the joy of uncircumcising book they wrote these are the folks we need to network with the nurses and guys who sufferd the circ and are trying to teach the no circ method but need your help in care of uncuts as well.

<<<<< Robin

>I need support from people either to write medical papers, or take over the communications, and internet research, or take over presenting and producing the site, or even simply helping to pay for the research and the site, (100 euro a year is a great deal for my poor pocket).
>Any support is appreciated, I feel I am doing all I can, and have been doing so for 12 years, but no-one supports me, ... so, ... maybe Im wrong?

>>>>>>JB

as Capt. Perry said on the old sailing ship on Lake Erie just off the coast of what is now Canada and the state of Ohio quote "DONT GIVE UP THE SHIP" after all its only been 6 months to a year i know of your efforts and you say no one supports me I know that feeling I been trying to get folks to stop circumcisions ever since 1976 and i gotten no support or monies at all . I have printed flyers even done talks and videos for tv use but thats all out of my pocket so YES been ther done that Dont give up the ship/ effort. Russel zanger Bless his soul i sure he passed on now but talk about a supporter of nocirc publications and efforts to educate the public go far beyond what most would ever think of . but groups like NOCIRC and Marylin Malos and the sites and groups around this country the USA have made a difference be it at ST Vincents Hospital in Santa Fe New mexico USA or else ware . One reason the intact population has grown in california is the Hispanics dont belive in circing there babies and the southern states like Arizona and NM and parts of Texas have a huge hispanic mexican culture stemed from the Spanish in EUROPE who dont Circ but remember there under that care of US doctors who like to make $$$ and if a kid has a problem they dont know how to care for it except to cut it off . there mind set is if you have a hang nail cut off the finger that will cure it from coming back . Thats OUR medical training here as to penises .

<<<<<<< Robin

>Please keep in touch and tell me what sort of things you may like doing, and how we could work together.
>Cheers
>Robin

>>>> JB

I would love to . I done a lot of research one due to my being Cut i always wanted to be intact UNCUT and i guess i been lucky i been with the movers and sahkers in that area Marylin Malos and Jim Bigellow and Tim Hammond and Wayne R. Griffiths to mention a few and some of the lesser unknowns like John Star who i seen had the restoration done via surgery from a doctor Greer in San Antonio Tx back in the early 1970's and also By Jack Santos who lives in Albuquerque NM . Not to mention the nurses in Santa Fe Nm as well or Rosemary Weinner who also wrote a book for mothers to be and Mothering magazine Russel zanger and there was a fella in the state of PA who also did a lot to stop Circumcsisons and one in new York as well a film producer but these guys thru NOCIRC are contact networking we you i and others need to do to both educate and spred the word No circ and proper care and what to do if this what ever condition comes up. and Tim guys like you who also need to tall us whats its like when you cant pull it back and conditions related to it and problems if any associated to that both before and after . that also knowledge we need to know but you have to tell us we dont know well us cut guys at least and i guess some who are uncut that dont have a tight skin . help us out let us know what its like talk JB again thanks Robin for letting me voice my thoughts along with Tims and others . JB

Answers: