ARCindex

disclaimer

ARC Forum3 index

Re: Frenulum Operation

Written by Robin at 21 Jul 2006 16:45:15:

As an answer to: Frenulum Operation written by Y at 21 Jul 2006 03:28:38:

Hello Y,

pictures of frenuloplasty before and after the operation

I think its very early days to judge how your penis will look after the operation. Give it a couple of weeks.

Shame you didnt look round my site a bit more and found the tying method with frenulum ... leaves no scars ... Whatever, no worry, any form of frenuloplasty is a competent operation, I have never heard complaints from anyone - (except one with a laser operation).

If you have had frenulum breve since childhood and are now 45 I imagine this has influenced your sex life to some extent. Once you have your personal problem resolved, I (and numerous children who are now growing up with this condition) would appreciate your contribution to this site, in the form of a description of the difficulties you have had.

It seems to me the medical profession have no full appreciation of the potential sexual problems involved with this condition, and by documenting these problems I hope the medical profesion will wake up to the necessity to check and treat boys before puberty. Your contribution would be appreciated.

Cheers

Robin

>I just wanted to ask a question or two about my recent op. I am 45 yrs old and have experienced frenulum breve (I now realise thansk to your web site and a few others) since childhood. I finally took the plunge and had the operation this week. My Frenulum was attached to the glans at a very high point. Anyway, the urologist has performed the operation (took 20 minues) and I have had the dressing off for one day now. I had the Op five days ago. The shaft is still quite swolen but the glans seems almost fine except for a pretty long scar tat is stitched closely. I am concerned about the stitching as it is rather untidy and has left a very small knob of tissue at the top of my glans. I am hoping this will retract and smooth out after a while and when the stitches dissolve. If it does not I am concerned about the aesthetics. The stitching on the shaft seems fine if maybe a little tight. This tightness also concerns me slightly. To get to my point. I have never seen any pictuires of the results of the operation taken shortly after the Op. I have never seen pictures of the head of the glans showing the resulting scar. In summary I wonder if the results of operation I have had are the best they can be. I may be getting unduly worried over nothing and need to be patient. Any help with my anxiety would be most welcome. I will be calling the Urologist today to ask him about my concerns and will return next week for a check up. Thanks in Advance.

Answers: