The Origins of a Taboo

ARCindex

disclaimer

ARC Forum3 index

Re: Frenulum Operation

Written by Robin at 29 Jul 2006 19:47:22:

As an answer to: Re: Frenulum Operation written by Y at 22 Jul 2006 02:24:56:

HI Y,

First, thank you for such a good reply. I have often heard that the frenulum hurts during and after ejaculation, I presume that during ejaculation the glans which was a little bent downwards is under pressure to straighten out, maybe added to the pulsing of ejaculation and the erection being then at its largest, I am actually not exactly sure why it happens, but pain is frequently reported during and after ejaculation – also premature ejaculation is often reported, so both these are typical symptoms.

It seems then for a number of years you were unaware of such an easy cure to this pain during ejaculation … what a shame … what an omission on behalf of any health care ...

I was given this operation at the age of 43 and was actually fighting fit again 2 weeks after my operation, and this is the normal recovery time given. I don’t know what to suggest, it might well take a while longer for the skin to settle down and maybe the loose flap, the small knob of tissue, will recede in time, or maybe your urologist is just hoping you will get used to it. – Simply, all I can say is the stitches should be out and the skin joined in 2 weeks.

Sorry I cant say more, my main concern is boys being educated, monitored and appropriately treated, even before puberty. Ive never really studied treatment, I feel that’s the doctors job once they realise how many young men have years of sexual problems due to these simple unnecessary problems.

Cheers
Robin

>Robin,
>
>Thanks for being so positive as I am still very anxious about the appearance. I did look around your site and saw the tying method. The way the urologist described the op to me I thought it would be no problem (cut horizontally, stitch vertically) with just some small scars. I hope that is the case. I just have to be patient I guess. Actually, the pics you show me of the dutch boy with stitches after the op are much like my situation now except that there is some heavy bruising still. I have only three sets of stitches though (the third set on the dutch boy I do not have). I also should have mentioned that the frenulum was attached to the glans at a very high point almost touching the meatus and it is that area that concerns me the most from the aesthetic point of view. Prior to the op my penis was almost exactly like picture No. 4 here
>https://www.male-initiation.net/frenulum/frenuloplasty/frenulum.html
>But the frenulum was attached much higher than in the pictures. During erection it would pull the glans at an angle of about 35 degrees. Additionally, it would cause the foreskin to constrict very tightly on the sides and top of my penis immediately around the corona and on the underside of the glans. The glans would appear most engorged with blood and would be a very deep red or purple colour when erect and excited sexually. This was not always a bad thing mind you but you should read on.....
>With regard to my sex life. I have been sexually active since I was about 17 years old. I have to say honestly that the only really significant problem I have had is occassional premature ejaculation but this did not occur always. It depended on my mood, my desire for the partner and the time between last sexual activity. The main problem I have experienced was pain during direct intercourse and masturbation (either by myself or from a partner). The pain was just before, during and after climax and ejaculation. I now know (or assume) it was due to the pulling and the constricting of the penis as a result of the breve. I have never had ay problem satisfying a partner through direct intercourse (I am about 6" erect, so average size I guess). I have never had any complaints about my penis. In fact the opposite as when fully erect and excited he is extremely hard and strong. Where there were long periods between sexual activity I could ejaculate quite quickly (4-6 minutes) due to the sensitivity of the frenulum area and mainly the glans. I have not had sexual intercourse for about one year now through choice but this is not related to the breve.
>The urologist mentioned an overall recovery time of six weeks. Is this the kind of recovery time normal? I know people heal differently but is it likely to take any longer? What id it looks no better in a couple of weeks? What would you suggest?
>Thanks again for your comfort and taking the time to reply. I hope my additional information helps out in some small way. I am happy to answer any further questions you may have.

Answers: