Home Site:
Male Initiation and the Phimosis Taboos

The Origins of a Taboo

ARCindex

disclaimer

ARC Forum3 index

Re: Foreskin retraction

Written by Robin at 26 Oct 2006 20:21:04:

As an answer to: Re: Foreskin retraction written by Irwan at 15 Oct 2006 12:51:37:

Hi Irwan,

Yes its asymetrical. Maybe Im wrong, but I believe this is not due to the frenulum but rather the partial circ has been done unevenly - Im looking at pic 146 and 138 and there is obviously more skin on the upper side than beneath. I doubt if a complete frenulum removal would change anything, it looks to me as though it is the uneven skin distribution which causes this downwards bend. The only "cure" for evenness would be to remove a bit more of the skin on top, but that wont give you any more extra length, it would only even things up a bit.

It shouldnt be too much to ask that the modern doctor can perform this oldest of all operations without any problems, but I hear of less problems by heart surgery! -- it seems a large number of the medical profession just isnt particularly interested in phimosis/frenulum or accurate cures.

I do feel that you have a fully functional penis, it is merely that it doesnt look as you want it ie. perfect - and I agree that actually you have a right to a perfect looking penis ...

Im sorry, but I feel Ive done and am doing all I can to bring phimosis to the medical professions attention ... and Im not being biased pro or anti circumcision like all the other sites online ... I really cant explain why other men dont support this moderate line of thinking ... and I dont know how else I can help you in a practical way.

Maybe one option is to go to a plastic surgeon and discuss with him the possibilities of getting the foreskin evened out without losing any more skin.

---------------

Thanks for your psychological comments.

Yes you say you only felt insecure after you learnt about your problem, but Im certain that previously you never masturbated with the foreskin back or enjoyed the full extent of your maleness.

Yes in the hands of the doctors one doesnt feel exactly reassured on this subject, and it is worrying when they dont seem able to treat such a simple thing.

you arent babbling in my opinion!!

I discovered my phimosis/frenulum breve when I was 43 after a life long sexual problems which docs said were psychological and indeed I thought that - and indeed they became that due to year long sexual problems ... all because of this idiotic and very embarrassing problem - One and a half months after I was treated, and able to get full erections for the first time in my life, I had an atypical penis fracture. Nowadays I dont get erections and the penis (and walking) hurts. All because there was no information and the phimosis wasnt checked and treated before I started puberty.

I have to say, that worrying about it will make your situation worse, you may well have grounds for anger with the doctors, but somehow I feel its no use being stubborn, (apart from a plastic surgeon) I think you must accept that medical knowledge is simply not all that we expect, and I believe your penis is fully functional, you could make love properly, it is merely how it looks.

And let me not over simplify that. How the penis looks is very important. To be proud of your equipment is very important and this depends a lot on liking how it looks ... So I think you have a tricky decision infront of you, I would ask you to consider that (apart from a plastic surgeon) you have to accept yourself now as you are and get on with falling in love and sex.

Hope that helps some
good luck with all
Robin

> Hi again! After seeing Herman's site which has a photo of his penis after frenuloplasty, with a full foreskin retracting evenly around the shaft, I started to suspect that that's what it's supposed to be like, only I wanted to make sure that he's not the exception. According to what you say, what I was suspecting was true : my third operation has still not solved the problem totally.
> It's not really the case that the foreskin is attached to the glans, I think the more accurate scenario is that my foreskin looks "assymetrical", but that the only reason why it's assymetrical is because the front side (the frenulum side) has always been restricted by the frenulum thus not allowing it to grow the full potential elasticity. I should think that after a partial circumcision, it shouldn't be too much to ask for half my foreskin (the half that's left) to retract evenly! Also, I feel like the full potential of my erection can't be reached because of this restriction, not allowing the full lenght and hardness to "happen"(or maybe I'm just stuck on the idea that I'll gain some extra size by the total frenulum removal!)
> I've sent some photos to help you visualize what I'm talking about.
>As far as the psychological-sexual part is concerned, here's the situation :
>I'm 22. I hadn't had sex before I discovered the phimosis problem. Since I discovered it I felt really insecure about it and I just thought that I wouldn't do anything until I fixed the problem. I had my first operation, and thought things were going to be fixed, but they weren’t, then I had another one to supposedly finish the incomplete frenulum removal of the first operation, still problem not solved, and then I had a partial circumcision because they discovered after all this time that I also have a phimotic ring. After the partial circumcision, still the problem is not completely solved.
> So as far as the psychological side goes, I must say that the key word is Frustration. I haven’t been totally free and relaxed ever since I realized the problem, and I won’t be until it’s totally solved. It’s really frustrating to know that, well it’s just not working properly!! I’ve realized it’s primarily a psychological thing, it just puts you off, it’s like you get into the battle having lost a limb already. But it’s also the sensation that is really restricted. Before I had my glans uncovered I had no idea what it feels like to “non-problematic” people when they have sex. It’s like you are blind to it, and suddenly someone uncovers your eyes! It might seem that I’m making too big a deal out of it, but I’m not. Because it is the biggest deal, it’s the gift that God has given to all of us, and it determines your whole life and character. The way you are able to make love to/with a person IS a big deal, because it’s the ultimate expression of your love towards them and, if you feel unable or restricted in this act, then it’s like you can’t love to the extent you really are able to. I was lucky to some degree to realize it relatively young, but I can’t imagine people who spend half or more of their lives never really enjoying or feeling the completeness of sexual intercourse.
> I hope I wasn’t babbling, thanks for this site and opportunity to discuss and express these things!

Answers: