Home Site:
Male Initiation and the Phimosis Taboos

The Origins of a Taboo

ARCindex

disclaimer

ARC Forum3 index

Re: partial circumcision

Written by Robin at 07 Dec 2006 20:54:05:

As an answer to: partial circumcision written by Rebecca at 07 Dec 2006 20:53:31:

Hello Rebecca,

Are you saying the Jewish doctors don’t know about and don’t perform partial circumcision?
If so please confirm because then it seems that in the USA even Jewish doctors have adopted the full circumcision method … and this would be a great shame.

Yes the medical reason for only taking half the foreskin is that this front half is the half which could develop phimotic ring …. If you are taking care of your sons foreskin may I ask if you have checked that his frenulum is not too short.

I am not familiar with any doctors in the USA … of course the anti circumcision campaigners have networked quite a few anti circumcision doctors but they couldn’t help on this question either … hummm …

I feel as though any surgeon would be able to perform this operation – without any difficulty – you may find it hard to find someone who is practiced at performing it – but really any surgeon should really shame himself if he refuses to do this – it is so technically simple.

Hummm sorry cant help really, you just gotta ring around and ask surgeons maybe send the Chicago hope an e mail asking if any of their surgeons would do this job …

Sorry but good luck

Robin
>
>
>I am interested in a partial circumcision for my unborn son. I have made calls to Jewish doctors and not had a good response. They claim that there is no medical reason to only take part of the foreskin. I don’t really want to use a doctor that is not familiar with the process anyways. Can you recommend someone to contact that would not make me feel as though I don’t know what I am asking for? I live in Chicago and will appreciate and advise you can offer.
>
>Rebecca

Answers: