Home Site:
Male Initiation and the Phimosis Taboos

The Origins of a Taboo

ARCindex

disclaimer

ARC Forum3 index

Re: Why Treat Phimosis? --also, a stretching irritation question

Written by Robin at 14 Jun 2007 16:36:59:

As an answer to: Why Treat Phimosis? --also, a stretching irritation question written by W. at 25 Apr 2007 03:58:14:

Hello Wendy,

very late with an answer but all the same here goes...

you may note here and elsewhere a variety of opinions on this subject.

firstly I always emphasise you need an accurate diagnosis, ... is this a full pinhole phimosis or is it connected with a frenulum breve??

In the case of pinhole phimosis this is often reported as being absolutely no problem for the men concerned - they experience no pain on erection or penetration, the foreskin is held forward and covers his never exposed and by now very sensitive glans ... it is often difficult to persuade such men to retract their foreskin.

You ask for practical health reasons as reason to treat phimosis ... well my site deals with the sexual reasons, and here the penis with foreskin held forward is very one dimensional in comparison to the penis with the possibility of exposed glans ... on pro-circ sites you will find references to balanitis cancer AIDS and many other illnesses which men with phimosis risk, the anti circ sites also add that with correct cleanliness these illnesses need not occurr ....

I find it interesting that you find intercourse to be uncomfortable. You say the friction is uncomfortable even painful .. I would think or hope that most men would respond to such a complaint .. I reckon you are on the right way when you make stretching part of the fun in foreplay.
There are basic good advices on stretching on my site under stretching.html

... the urethral opening got red when trying to stretch ... this could sometimes be an indictaion that a frenulum breve is connected up front and pulling on the opening.

thanks for the mail
good luck
Robin

---------------------------------

>Hello, Robin and other board members!
>I'm engaged to a fully phimotic man. We've been engaged for almost two years, but I didn't learn that he was phimotic until about nine months ago -- I didn't know what the condition was, though I knew that not being able to retract the foreskin wasn't normal.
>In any case, I'm having trouble persuading him that phimosis requires correction. Though intercourse is entirely comfortable for him, I find it to be quite uncomfortable. I've told him that the friction is somewhat painful, even with lubricant, but he's still unsure that there's anything actively unhealthy about phimosis. What are some good health-related reasons that he should stretch?
>Secondly, we (together, as masturbatory play) began stretching gently a few times, but his glans, especially the urethral opening, got quite red and irritated. Is this expected due to the area's sensitivity, and will it pass if we continue?
>Warmly,
>Wendy

Answers: