Home Site:
Male Initiation and the Phimosis Taboos

The Origins of a Taboo

ARCindex

disclaimer

ARC Forum3 index

Re: foreskin restoration

Written by Robin at 14 Jun 2007 16:47:56:

As an answer to: Re: foreskin restoration written by troy at 04 May 2007 11:29:41:

Hi Troy,

Firstly thanks for answering the other letters and just keeping the forum running.

Sorry to hear of your infant circ. - the world would be a happier place if modern medicine would take a bit more care in this subject and only treat when treatment was necessary ... logical really !!

With your question on restoration I dont know much about this subject ... there are specific sites on line dealing with your subject. ... I imagine steroids could help but dont really know - sorry ... the only unfortunate bit of info I can maybe help with is that if the frenulum is too short then this will hinder stretcing your foreskin ... the frenulum skin structure is far more ridgid than that of normal skin so, this might be holding back your progress.

If so then I would like to suggest the link on tying the frenulum as the simplest way of curing this without any more skin removal.

cheers
and good luck
Robin

>>i was circumcised at birth and have been doing restoration for about 2 years.it is going much slower than i would like and was wondering if anyone knows if topical steroids would make it quicker?also i have some of my frenulum left and wanted to know if i might have problems because it is shorter than it should be?if this doesn't work i would like to have reconstructive surgery but i have read that in some cases it ends up being a nonmovable foreskin.does anyone know why this happens and how to prevent it?
>i also wanted to know about scrotal reconstruction or oral reconstruction.which is better?

Answers: