Male Initiation and the Phimosis Taboos

The Origins of a Taboo

ARCindex

disclaimer

ARC Forum3 index

A mixture of problems.

Written by MG at 11 Jul 2007 15:22:09:

Hello,

First off I'd like to say thank you for putting up such an excellent and informative site, without it I probably would of been off to the doctors for a circumcision today.

Well theres definitley something wrong with my penis, my foreskin in particular. I'm 19 years old and have known about this problem and largely ignored it up until a recent event. I noticed there was something wrong about 14/15 - an unretractable foreskin whether flacid or hard with a bit of a skin overhanging. (Which looking at a few pictures seems less abnormal than I first thought actually). A few years later I noticed lots of little bumps on the skin which have progressively got worse and made me really rather disgusted with my penis in general. Through this disgust I stopped masturbating only recently, I could, and still can if I wanted to masturbate quite easily, I just make sure not to pull to hard and thus cause myself pain.

Yesterday I decided to have a go at pulling back my foreskin and managed it incredibly easily while flacid. Much to my surprise I saw (and unfortunatley smelled) my glans for the first time in its entirety, needless to say it isn't very clean. There are white bumps all around the back end of the helmet (hope that makes sense) which I think is probably Balantis (SP?). I Believe I have a Frenulum Breve problem as there is a definite connection between the underside of my penis and the foreskin, I worry to try retracting while erect as it may force my penis to bend quite badly. Through all of this, especially the undesirible skin problem, I think, even though not recommended (for very good reasons!) I am going to ask for an adult circumsion when I finally manage to go to the Doctors. I've been wondering how easy it might be to fool my parents into believing I'm going to stay at a friends house or something while I have the op to save face..probably not the best of ideas right?

A few other facts: I'm a virgin, I certainly wouldn't impose this penis on anybody.
Never had a wet dream whereas I recall friends of mine mentioning getting them in high school.
Knowing I had this problem has affected my social abilities immensley and having the weight of the problem at the back of my mind I'm sure has caused me to manifest other conditions. Recently let the love of my life walk out of it because I knew eventually she would want to have sex! Reading the male-initiation chapters was very spooky, you hit many nails on their preverbial heads.

Answers: