Home Site:
Male Initiation and the Phimosis Taboos

The Origins of a Taboo

ARCindex

disclaimer

ARC Forum3 index

Re: Phimosis/Frenulum issues

Written by Robin at 20 Jul 2007 17:30:33:

As an answer to: Re: Phimosis/Frenulum issues written by Phil at 02 Jun 2007 21:03:33:

Hi Phil, sorry Ive been so long answering your very good question but Im overworked and underpaid and etc etc etc - Im here now ...

your following point is a very good point

>From the site:
>Warning: after frenuloplasty the foreskin is bound back in the retracted position - in rare cases with a partial phimosis this can lead to paraphimosis - If you cant retract due to a relative phimotic ring during erection, you must tell the operating surgeon about this - or stretch the ring enough before being operated..
>I've got to stretch my foreskin so that it can retract over the head of my penis in an erect state before I have any possible fenuloplasty.
>Phil

lets understand it is only in rare cases - I had only one very irate report from a guy who had experienced this and it was a temporary hell for him ... the practical point is that there should be no danger of paraphimosis, so this can mean either the phimotic ring is too tight - or loose enough not to worry.

In your case if the ring is too tight to even get near retracting, then there is no danger of paraphimosis and therefore your option is to get the frenulum done first, because this will make stretching easier.

It really is a complicated little question which to do first, then, with a pinhole phimosis you cant even get to the frenulum to treat it, so here you must first stretch a certain amount (not enough to cause paraphimosis) then get the frenulum fixed and then continue stretching ...

Thank you for reaqding my site so thoroughly ... ther is always something more which could be said ... for example with stretching anyway in all cases there is a danger zone when paraphimosis could occur ... so you must read the paraphimosis.html --- I have never done it myself but it is apparently quite easy to reduce a paraphimosis yourself.

anyway sorry for this very complicated little answer ... (there must be an easy answer somewhere!!)

cheers .. tell us how it goes
Robin

Answers: