Please take the ZIP and help publicise this information
Penis Fracture, Nerve Trauma
Please leave a detailed account of the causes and symptoms of your problem,
otherwise you help no-one and no-one here can help you.

Atypical Fracture Index

Back to Old (edited) Forum Index

Re: Worried about Possible Penis Injury - UPDATE

Written by LarryG at 21 Mar 2006 21:21:40:

As an answer to: Re: Worried about Possible Penis Injury written by Robin at 16 Mar 2006 17:02:46:

Well you might be right Robin, though I suspect that every case is a little bit different. After a week of close to no symptoms, I now have what appears to be prostatis. I had that 3 years ago and the symptoms are very similar. The doctor believes that I had a chronic prostatis and that the trauma caused it to come out of dormancy. I don't know if that makes sense or not, but certainly the symptoms are almost identical to what I had before. It took a long while to get rid of it and antibiotics did not really work (in spite of that I am back on them in the hope that they will).

Has anyone else with a history of prostatitis found that a penis injury causes it to recur ??

Larry

>Firstly thanks a lot for just keeping in touch Larry,
>I would love it if I could slowly build up a group here of men with this and similar problems ... I dont know what a group could do, but I feel I cant do more alone ... however having said that, it looks as though you are on the road to being cured, and that means you have no need for a group, so I guess I will just have to hold out a bit longer!
>You should rememeber that I too have no classical "penis fracture" - it is just some sort of nerve trauma, and it seems no doctor or machine can uncover any diagnostic reason for this.
>I dont wish to be cynical or anything, but I believe these herbal pills - certainly wont do any harm, but well I remember one urologist who had me on 2 different sorts of herbal pills, for a month each, and it was pointless, and a waste of time and energy ... I dont see how herbal pills can cure a nerve trauma ... but, they certainly wont harm so keep taking them.
>I feel the essential thing is abstinence to give the muscles/nerves time to recooperate. - AND it would really be advisable for you even afterwards, to go a bit slowly and carefully, something in your penis nerves/muscles has weakened, it is now vulnerable.
>It may just be my perspective on this subject, but it seems to me that the classical snap crackle and pop and then bleeding from a normal penis fracture, heals far more easily within 24 hrs. than the sort of trauma which I and some of the other men here have ... you still feel some sensitivity or "irritation" 4 weeks after your injury ... I just think even if it does get better, you need to be careful for the next year ... dont want to sound pessimistic, but maybe its better to be pessimistic than have a kaput penis.
>I think men have been having these sorts of problems for centuries. It is obviously a rarity, I guess one in ten thousand men ... there are no visible or palpable symptoms ... even these days with MRI there is no method of diagnosing what the problem is. Last century I would have been lost. I firmly believe I would have gone crazy without www and the confirmation from other men with their similar problems.
>anyway - take care - good luck
>Robin
>
>>I thought that I would write an update - it may help others in a similar situation feel better. I finally got up courage to visit a doctor and explain what had happened. Firstly he examined me and was immediately able to say that he was sure that I had not fractured my penis - that was already a relief to hear. I was still having discomfort and the desire to urinate very frequently. He carried out a bunch of blood and urine tests and found that there was no infection. He told me that the trauma can last several weeks and it was the irritation from that causing the urinary urgency. He prescribed some herbal pills "dragees pour la vessie" in French. These seem to have helped reduce the irritation and now about 4 weeks after the injury - I feel almost back to normal.
>>I think that I was very lucky and will be very careful to avoid such an injury in future. A close call!
>>Larry

Answers:

Back to Old (edited) Forum Index
Atypical Fracture Index