Home Site:
Male Initiation and the Phimosis Taboos

The Origins of a Taboo

ARCindex

disclaimer

ARC Forum3 index

Re: Phimosis. My good results after 4 days of stretching and steroids

Written by Robin at 30 Dec 2005 17:29:48:

As an answer to: Phimosis. My good results after 4 days of stretching and steroids written by Bryan at 27 Dec 2005 16:55:24:

Hi Bryan,

This must be the same Bryan as in the other thread where you are answering someone else, so I hope your extra questions are also answered there.

Thanks for your interesting posting - the doctors are unfortunately all being misled by one study from Jacob Oster which has been requoted countless times where the conclusion is that everythings fine with a problematic foreskin till one is around 17. This info is all over the place - I counted 13 subsequent studies and even Dr. Spocks baby book which repeat this info. Its a longish story I could tell you more if youre interested. Still your female doctor is probably perfectly reliable on every other topic.

What I know about clobetasol propionate, is that it is partially effective against mild cases of BXO or LSA.

Anyway we are all glad to hear you are buzzing from your 4 day miracle cure

cheers

Robin

>Hi there,
>I'm 24 and have known since i was 14 that my foreskin didnt retract properly.
>I visited my doctor when 16 and she told me that there was no problem at all (how wrong she was). I know it was not adhered to my glans at the time so i think she was just rubbish.It has never caused me any problems in bed, and if anything i think it makes me last too long.
>Anyways, the maximum I was able to retract was around 5mm (diameter of foreskin "hole")so it was pretty tight. I have not changed doctor and this and my inhibitions have stopped me seeing a doctor again about it. I only just got the internet and looked on a few websites (including this one) that helped me greatly.
>On these websites was alot about stetching and steroid creams. I tried stretching daily, havng hot baths to make the skin supple and then just retracting it (while flaccid). There was some improvement immediatly but not drastic. After about two weeks i got disheartened by the amount of time it was taking and i got busy so i didnt do it as often. DONT DO THIS, IT WILL GO BACK TO BEING AS TIGHT AS BEFORE.
>Recently my mum got prescribed CLOBETASOL PROPIONATE 0.05% (also known as DERMOVATE Ointment).I read the studies for the use of steroids and this was one steroid used (I'l post the websites in a day or so) and started applying the cream.
>I applyed a THIN layer of the cream to the phismotic "band" and some of the area around it that i thought was also tight - once a day at night before bed but after going to the toilet. To see the band i had to retract my foreskin until i saw it and applied with a cotton bud/Q-tip. I didnt use alot as steroids thin the skin.
>I also stretched it whenever i went to the toilet (only stretching once or twice but this does help) also a few minutes in the morning and a few at night after applying the cream. After four days i can retract it completly when flaccid and about half way over glans when erect.
>Still got some work to do obviously but im buzzing about the time it has taken me to go from 5mm "hole" to about 25-28mm. Just my storey so far and i have some questions which i have written in a seperate post please have a look and help me if you can

Answers: