Help for steroid cream application

Written by BobbyR at 17 Nov 2000 18:21:18:

As an answer to: Need help with steroid application! written by Victor at 11 Nov 2000 20:12:37:

>Not so long ago I was diagnosed with phimosis. My urologist told me that the only cure is circumcision. However, I decided that I would try everything else possible (first). I heard about the treatment with steroids from the Internet, so I got my urologist to give me a prescription for betamethasone valerate cream. Obviously, I didn't get any directions how to apply it... I've been applying this 0.1% cream for about 3 weeks now, twice a day - after taking a shower in the morning and before going to bed. I put it mostly on the outside, starting from the tip over about 2 cm long area. So far, I see no apparent result. From some other messages in this group, I figured that people use 0.5% cream. Does that mean that it will take me 5 times longer to see any result? Or is there something wrong with my application technique?

You can't just put it on and sit there and stare at it. The cream contains a skin thinning agent that assists YOU in stretching the skin. You have to either work the foreskin back and forth, or get two fingers into the opening and stretch it wider. It may take days, or it may take weeks to see results. Some say results are only temporary, unless you keep on using the cream and stretching as needed. Others say that when you can get it stretched enough to get it retracted and keep it that way at least some of the time, such as during sleep, there will be a constant pressure from the wider part of the penis behind the tip that will prevent it closing up tight again like before. Yes, the .5% is five times more concentrated than the .1%, but watch out for allergic reaction to the stronger mix.
>Thanks,
>Victor

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo