Home Site:
Male Initiation and the Phimosis Taboos

The Origins of a Taboo

ARCindex

disclaimer

ARC Forum3 index

Re: Query regarding partial phimosis

Written by Robin at 09 Nov 2005 20:33:51:

As an answer to: Query regarding partial phimosis written by Kshitij at 05 Nov 2005 08:30:02:

Hello Kshitij,

Well, I find this letter very interesting - simply because you are the first person who is clearly writing from India. And you ask explicitly for non surgical methods of curing your problem.

Can I ask if you are Hindu? - I have long been aware that the Hindu religion forbids some forms of surgery on the penis ... consequently the statistics for phimosis (and penis cancer) are particularly high in Hindu countries - you are certainly not alone with your problem, it IS almost normal in Hindu countries.

I did try and find which vedic text actually prohibits exactly which sorts of operation, and why ... I would be very interested if you can tell me.

So, an important question for you is : is it your religious beliefs which make you want a non surgical solution or is it your personal wishes??

Now, to your anatomical descritpion. You have almost certainly a condition called "frenulum breve", ... this is the little join of skin underneath the glans connecting it to the foreskin which becomes tight on retraction.

see male-initiation.net/phimosis_summary.html the fourth section is a short description of frenulum breve (sometimes called frenum or also fraenum). The fifth section of this file describes the phimotic ring.

To what extent is the frenulum hindering retraction when flaccid? ... ie. is it the phimotic ring which is the main problem or is it the frenulum???

Both these conditions will make sexual intercourse less pleasurable and might even hinder it completely or make it painful ... often men simply adapt to their condition and in the course of time simply either lose interest or have less or no sexual contact.

I can think of various solutions, for both problems,

First we need an accurate diagnosis - is this phimotic ring or frenulum breve.

Then I need (and would like) to know if your wishes are religious ... and if these wishes are to avoid circumcision or merely any form of surgery, ... even if this only involves a cut no more than cutting the finger nails or hair (which I believe is also prohibited in extreme forms of hinduism (?)

So please can you diagnose and answer and we can take it from there.

I am only online every Wednesday, so - till next week

Cheers
Robin

>Hi,
>I am a 20 yr old male from india. i just recently came across that i
>have phimosis disorder. uptill now i thought it was normal that i was
>not able to fully retract my foreskin.
>On reading various material on the internet, i have found that mine is
>a partial phimosis since in flaccid form i can retract my foreskin to
>about one and a half centimeters but after that the opening of my
>foreskin refuces to extend. Also these is a sort of join between my
>forskin and my glans just below the urinary hole. The join is a little
>flexible but like i stated earlier after a certain limit it becomes
>tight.
>First of all i would like to know whether this condidtion will create
>problems during sexual intercourse.
>Also I would like to know the proper medical term used for such
>condidtion and what kind of medical treatment will you advise to cure
>it.
>I really hope that some kind of non-surgical treatment is possible.
>Thankyou
>With regards

Answers: