The Origins of a Taboo

ARCindex

disclaimer

ARC Forum3 index

Re: Foreskin retraction

Written by Robin at 05 Oct 2006 19:50:33:

As an answer to: Foreskin retraction written by Irwan at 25 Sep 2006 14:05:50:

HI Irwan,

The foreskin of a normal penis usually retracts automatically during erection. .. and there should be no resistance.

Firstly the only complaint I ever heard about frenuloplasty was when it had been done with a laser - this left a hard scar - so first how do you feel about the scar? - Secondly it sounds to me as though either your partial circumcision or frenuloplasty has somehow not worked as well as it should ... this following should not happen "If it is pulled back, it bends the glans down, and the pulling is felt at the area where the frenulum was." ... the foreskin should ideally retract evenly all the way round the penis, with yours it seems (as the frenulum has been removed) that the foreskin is now attached to the glans.

This state will probably allow normal sexuality, you mention no pain etc., so your penis is probably functional for intercourse, ... so it seems to be mainly a cosmetic question, however I would still try and get it corrected.

If you have pictures, (send to e.mail address on contact page) I would be able to say more easily what causes the problem, but the bottom line is, please go back to the doctor and ask him what can be done about this --- and then come back and tell us what he says or can do.

good luck
cheers
Robin

PS - no problem about the length of your letter, but please tell us what your problems were with your condition and how old are you? Did you attempt sex with this condition? (it really is mainly just the sexual/psychological influence of phimosis which interests me - treatment is the doctors department - once they start realising how much phimosis can mess up sex and emotions and behaviour etc. they could develop hundreds of different ways to treat these conditions which I cant even imagine - my job is only to show what the problems are)

---------------------

> Hi all! I have a question which needs either many answers (from many people) or somebody who's seen lots of penises! This is it: does the foreskin of a normal penis (one with no frenulum breve, fimosis or anything else) retract naturally all the way? Meaning does it unfold completely? Does it unfold "by itself" during an erection, or do you have to manually pull it back? And when you pull it back should it have any resistance or not?
> I think these are helpful questions and also in this site it would be REALLY helpful to have a detailed description of a healthy penis (circumcised and not)in the erect stage and flaccid.
>
> I'm interested in this question because, with the great help in being informed by this very good site, I had a laser frenuloplasty and a partial circumsicion. And still my foreskin doesn't retract fully (even though only half of it is there!). In fact it stays unfolded if not pulled back manually. If it is pulled back, it bends the glans down, and the pulling is felt at the area where the frenulum was. That gives me the suspicion that there is still remaining frenulum tissue that needs to be removed. Also the area is whitish still and it's been more than a year since the operation.In the photos of "Frenuloplasty by tying up the frenulum page" there is no sign of the frenulum left, the area is red, not white, and as far as I can imagine has full elasticity as the rest of the foreskin. My white area is totally rigid as the frenulum tissue.
>
> Is it supposed to be like that or not? I'll ask the doctor as well of course, I just wanted to get an image of what its supposed to be normally.And the doctors , as we all know , haven't seen penises in the erect state, but all they see is flaccid.
> Thanks and sorry for the long message!

Answers: