Re: Phimosis and Penile Growth

Written by Roxane at 15 Jan 2000 05:55:33:

As an answer to: Re: Phimosis and Penile Growth written by Jack at 14 Jan 2000 13:20:27:

Jack:
I can well understand why you no longer choose to raise the issue with any doctor - after all most of them aren't circ'd. They all thought nothing of suggesting I painfully force my son's foreskin back (the last thing that should be done) and they didn't seem to think sbjecting my 6 year old to painfull surgery was a big deal either, so I don't have much use for them either.
When I finally went to a doctor that I had been assured was foreskin friendly, I went armed with a wack of info about steroid cream that I had found on the internet and a determination that I was not leaving his office until I had the prescription that was going to save my son from circumcission (you'd have to be a mother to understand the stength of this conviction)
I can tell you from a female perspective that I don't care whether a man's foreskin retracts or not, but you have said that, " Ideally you would like your
foreskin to retract", so, get the steroid cream and try it. I hope I'm not being pushy here, but if you hadn't made the comment about ideally wanting your foresin to retract, I wouldn't be saying anything. It's not like circumcission (I never have been able to get the spelling right on that word. Have I this time?) after all. If you don't like it, it is reversible. I hope I haven't been offensive or insensitive about this. Being a woman, this is not really my forte.
Thanks again for responding to my posting. It has done something to ease my worry. I do wish you hadn't been the only one though.
Roxane

>Roxane- I have twice seen doctors about this complaint once at 13 and once at 19. The immediate advice I received was that a complete circumcision was required - after several agonising attempts were made to force the foreskin back.
>Since then I have avoided raising the issue with them.
>I suppose that ideally I would like to have complete retraction of the foreskin. But I have grown used to the phimosis. I explain to the ladies in my life that this is something they must take into account and I have had no adverse reaction to it by them. For the rest it causes me no bother.
>
>Jack:
>>Thank you for responding to my posting. I'd like to say that I am totally reassured now, but I've had so many doctors tell me that my son needs to be
>>cir'd, that I don't know if I'll be able to stop worrying until he's grown and
>>he tells me everything's OK. Only then will I be certain I made the right decision for him.
>>It sounds like you are happy with the way you are, but have you ever tried or considered trying the topical steroid cream? It has a 90+% success rate.
>>Again, thank you for you reassurance.
>>>> I have a complete phimosis and have had since birth. I don't believe that this stunted growth of my penis at all. It just means that I cannot pull back my foreskin which is also very long. It causes no pain or discomfort to me. However, I do agree that the glandes of uncircumcised men do generally remain smaller than those of circumcised ones. Most men, circumcised as adults report an increase in the size of the glans.
>>>Chances are that your boy will find the foreskin releasing itself soo

Answers:

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo