Please take the ZIP and help publicise this information
Penis Fracture, Nerve Trauma
Please leave a detailed account of the causes and symptoms of your problem,
otherwise you help no-one and no-one here can help you.

Atypical Fracture Index
Back to Old (edited) Forum Index

Penile Fracture

Written by Bambino1977 at 31 Mar 2007 05:26:04:

At last I've found a website with people to talk to about this condition.

I suffered a penile fracture about 6 weeks ago, I just awoke one morning in an erect state and just put firm grip around it like I have every morning since I hit puberty and head a cracking sound.

I woke my girlfriend, as it started to look very strange and I lost my erection, we went staright to the hospital (wondering if we were just being silly) where I saw the A&E doctor, then a surgeon then the consultant. They wasn't sure if I had suffered a fracture as I had no pain, which isn't normal.

I was taken into theatre within 2 hours, where they discovered it was a definate fracture.

My issue is, that I was kept in hospital fro a couple of days and told to go home and rest for at least a week, and not to attemp sexual activity for 2 weeks.

I did exactly as i was told, but here we are 6 weeks later, still unable to engage in any sexual activity.

My girlfriend and I are both only 30 this yearm, and before my accident was trying for a baby.

Our relationship is obviously getting affected as we are both deeplt worried that we will never be able to have sex again, which was something that was quite important to us both in out relationship.

I was given very little information from the consultant apart from wait 2 weeks, Ive read many websites, most of which give very positive results, but none give any rough time scale on how long it will be before things are looking up (excuse the pun!)

I am able to get an erection, it just does not become firm enough to engage in intercourse.

We do both wonder if some of it may be physcolgical, as we are both very scared of it happening again, something else that the doctor never told us, is it now weaker than before and at risk of breaking again very easily.

I would really appreciate for someone to share their experiences, it would just be nice to be able to talk to other people who are in the same position, as its something that isn't very common its very difficult people understanding what both my girlfriend and I are going through mentally.

We are trying to remain positive, but there are many days where that is extremley difficult for both of us

Answers:

Back to Old (edited) Forum Index
Atypical Fracture Index