Please take the ZIP and help publicise this information
Penis Fracture, Nerve Trauma
Please leave a detailed account of the causes and symptoms of your problem,
otherwise you help no-one and no-one here can help you.

Atypical Fracture Index
Back to Old (edited) Forum Index

Re: Worried (possible trapped nerve in spine)

Written by Robin at 18 Nov 2006 15:56:40:

As an answer to: Worried written by Rob at 17 Nov 2006 06:25:09:

Hi Rob,

I advise abstinence for a while. Before I start I want to say I know nothing - I am guessing and have no professional knowledge and you need to see a doctor, but

Yes I believe other men have had this ... namely, I have fairly often heard of muscle strain in the lower back after physical exertion ... there was an entry on this forum but I cant remember where (on the home page which is more organised - one entry is weight lifting causes atypical fracture - the guy there was in pain - I guess numbness is also a nerve reaction ) it says: a situation which is recognised among experts: as a result of muscular strain, a nerve trapped in the lower spine or hip can lead to one sided pain in the penis - experts will often perform an MRI and then give electro treatment.

Now please see a doctor (an urologist) and please come back and tell us what he says and does

thanks for the letter


I include my normal footnote


One optimistic thought is that at least we can contact each other these days with www. I often wonder how it was even 20 yrs. ago, my God to be left feeling totally alone with this problem, I did for the first 4 years - I think Id have gone crazy without www. Men with our problems must have been going crazy throughout the last centuries.

I cant do more alone except answer this forum, and e-mail, Ive been through hell for 12 years and am exhausted, I dont get any support back.

Isolated and individual we will be as lost as the men pre interet - the chance we have today is as a group – This forum and home page are becoming a collection of evidence on penis trauma/atypical fracture.

I feel what we need is a student Urologist to answer letters on the forum. Students have time to research, and a last year student doing a special research on this subject would be ideal - they are always looking for new subjects to write diploma work.

Im NOT online at home - I dont have the possibility to do internet research. Please leave links and comments on other www addresses which deal with these subjects - so that an index or network of relevant pages can be developed.

Id love someone to spend a couple of hours using their “worry” energy positively to google for medical universities (esp. Urology dept.) and collect 50 or even 10 e mail addresses, ... and then send out spam like invitations to help ...

Once I feel I am getting some support, it would motivate me to sort through the present forums entries and categorise them all on the home page.

NEW THOUGHT (hope?), on atypical penis fracture,

Maybe ist the World cup, and different players who cant play due to sprains and strains and then I remembered someone telling me how similar what I described was, to sportsmen with torn nerves or ligaments ...

I call it atypical penis fracture, because it seems to me this is as close as our injury is named anywhere, but its maybe more like a sprain or a torn ligament (how does a torn ligament feel?)

Its the idea that a Sports Doctor, a Doctor who specialises in Sports Injuries, is the specialist sort of doctor who would be able to understand many of our mysterious problems. I believe this means an Orthopedic doctor.

Next step: persuading a doctor that this is a sport injury, and that in this sense sex is sport : I notice how many of the questions are connected with men saying they overdid it, had a bigger than normal erection, and then a stoss a hit or a bend or a strange movement ...

Its pretty clear that Urologists dont understand these sort of problems. Its not only my experience. Enough of us (on this forum and home page) have been to Urologists. In my opinion, my next thought and the next step for someone asking at this forum is try a Sports Doctor.

for dorsal vein injury see messages/160.htm

for pelvic floor disorder see messages/159.htm

for ideas on abstinence see thread starting messages/36.htm

for ideas on “being a man” even with a broken penis see messages/146.htm and



>My penis has been weird for the last week, I have no problem getting an errection, but its numb and when I masturbate/have sex, it feels very intense and I ejaculate quick, plus when I do it feels like my penis is going to explode.
>Before this happened, I did some intense yard work, and then masturbated, I dont know what is wrong with me, and I'm scared that its never going to heal.
>Has anybody ever had anything like this?


Back to Old (edited) Forum Index
Atypical Fracture Index