Re: Phimosis and Penile Growth

Written by Jack at 12 Jan 2000 13:16:02:

As an answer to: Phimosis and Penile Growth written by Roxane at 11 Jan 2000 21:51:14:

> I have a complete phimosis and have had since birth. I don't believe that this stunted growth of my penis at all. It just means that I cannot pull back my foreskin which is also very long. It causes no pain or discomfort to me. However, I do agree that the glandes of uncircumcised men do generally remain smaller than those of circumcised ones. Most men, circumcised as adults report an increase in the size of the glans.

Chances are that your boy will find the foreskin releasing itself soon.

From what I have read, there are relatively few cases of phimosis which persist into adult life.

>My son (10yrs.) has a very tight foreskin. We treated it with a topical steroid, which loosened it right up in less than 2 weeks, but without continued
>retraction it tightened up again.
>He is not comfortable with retracting his foreskin at this time (it once got temporarily caught behind the glans and gave him quite a scare), so I decided that we would leave things as they are for now and he could use the cream again
>when he reaches puberty and is more comfortable with the idea of retracting his foreskin.
>I felt this was the right decision until recently, when a doctor told me that his tight foreskin would retard the growth of his penis.
>Please could someone who has had, or does have adult phimosis please tell me if this is something I should be concerned about or just more misinformation from another ill-informed doctor.
>I have had reassurances that this is not a concern, but I'm still worried because he does appear to be developing considerably slower than his younger
>brother.
>Please, anybody

Answers:

ARC forum main index
forum1 index
page1 /page2

The Origins of a Taboo