Please take the ZIP and help publicise this information
Penis Fracture, Nerve Trauma
Please leave a detailed account of the causes and symptoms of your problem,
otherwise you help no-one and no-one here can help you.

Atypical Fracture Index
Back to Old (edited) Forum Index

Announcement

Written by Robin at 07 Dec 2006 19:20:00:

Hi anyone and everyone with so called “atypical penis fracture/nerve trauma”,

Please leave a detailed account of the CAUSES and SYMPTOMS of your problem, otherwise you help no-one and no-one here can help you.

The main optimistic point is that at least we can contact each other these days with www. I often wonder how it was even 20 yrs. ago, left totally alone with this problem, - I think Id have gone crazy without www. Men with our problems must have been going crazy throughout the last centuries.

Ive been trying to start a group now for a long time – and Im not getting anywhere. If you disagree with the idea of a group, then please tell me what other alternative we have??!! Im now going to take a break for a while. This is simply to give me a break and try something new to see what happens – maybe then others will start taking over.

I believe that isolated and individual we will be as lost as the men pre interet - the chance we have today is as a group.

So many of "us" have been to countless urologists for countless tests - and somehow we and the doctors are not getting results - so what are WE doing wrong that we could do better? - maybe even my naming of atypical penis fracture/nerve trauma confuses doctors?

I feel its no use asking doctors to look at just “me” - the medical world cant be blamed on this subject - they have to think practically - our problem occurs perhaps one in 10,000 - any individual doctor probably sees only one case in his life!

This forum and home page are rapidly becoming a collection of evidence on penis trauma/atypical fracture. I feel our collective need is our only hope (or certainly our main hope) of getting this problem recognised, and researched.

Please contribute to this forum and talk with each other - dont expect me to answer.
Please think how a group can change a situation which individually we will never change.

If you disagree TELL ME WHAT OTHER ALTERNATIVE WE HAVE APART FROM A GROUP??!!

I feel what we need is a student Urologist to answer letters on the forum. Students have time to research, and a last year student doing a special research on this subject would be ideal - they are always looking for new subjects to write diploma work.

Im NOT online at home - I dont have the possibility to do internet research. Please leave links and comments on other www addresses which deal with these subjects - so that an index or network of relevant pages can be developed. (Someone recently left a link which enabled me to write to an online urology faculty asking if anyone can help this forum)

Id love someone to spend a couple of hours using their “worry” energy positively to google for medical universities (esp. Urology dept.) and collect 50 or even 10 e mail addresses, ... and then send out spam like invitations to help ...

links

for normal or typical penis fracture emergency instructions messages/191.htm and e medical library on typical fracture

(with this quote): “Patients with a rupture of the deep dorsal vein of the penis can present with findings similar to those of a penile fracture. Associated swelling and ecchymosis of the penis (“eggplant” sign) is present. .... However, the patient does not typically hear a crack or popping sound. In addition, detumescence does not immediately occur. However, because of similar physical examination findings, a deep dorsal vein rupture should be surgical explored, as it is often difficult to differentiate from penile fracture.”

for Sports doctor see messages/238.htm

Abstinence possibly for several months is the only treatment idea which sometimes seems to work for minor injuries. For a couple of ideas on abstinence see thread starting messages/36.htm

for pelvic floor disorder see messages/159.htm

for ideas on “being a man” even with a broken penis see messages/146.htm and messages/138.htm and “If” by Rudyard Kipling

If you want to help me please go to support.

__

Answers:

Back to Old (edited) Forum Index
Atypical Fracture Index